Our internal Audit Department currently has an opening for a Sr. Financial Internal Auditor The function of the Internal Audit Department plays a vital role in evaluating the design and effectiveness of control processes throughout the organization. The business knowledge and control assessment skills developed in the Internal Audit Department will position the successful candidate for a broad range of career opportunities within GBLI. For the individual who is naturally curious, analytical, and enjoys challenging assignments, we are offering the opportunity for high exposure and to truly make a difference in the organization. GBLI is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success.
GBLI’s Internal Audit department uses a value added audit approach, primarily focused on the operational aspects of the organization including transaction processing, productivity and effectiveness assessment, resource allocations and system control evaluation. We assist GBLI in reducing operating costs and increasing revenue through recommendations for operating improvements as a result of audit findings. We also will conduct special projects designed to address actual or potential lapses of control as identified by senior management. In addition, GBLI’s Internal Audit department is responsible for the oversight of all Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and testing throughout the organization.
· Assist in the planning and delivery of financial and operational audits
· Oversee the SOX compliance process
· Plan and Lead financial and operational audits for all of GBLI
· Special projects for management
· Request data needed for the audits and use audit software to run specialized Computer Assisted Audit Programs
· Supervise college co-ops when present
· Prepare the initial audit report after completion of fieldwork and review the results and recommendations with management.
· Plan and coordinate the SOX 404 Testing process, including coordinating with the external auditors
· BS degree in Accounting or Business, with 5 - 10 years in public accounting, internal audit or relevant business experience
· Experience in a Big 4 Audit Firm or equivalent
· CPA/CIA designation or candidacy strongly preferred
· Strong knowledge of financial and operational systems and controls.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong report writing skills
· Able to collate and understand significant volumes of information
· Able to work alone or in multi person teams
· Able to deliver to deadlines
· Experience of working in a commercial insurance environment and knowledge of basic insurance concepts would be an advantage
· Experience in property/casualty insurance preferred
· Experience conducting SOX control testing required
· Confident user of Microsoft Office Applications and Internet
· Knowledge of Audit Command Language (ACL) Audit Software preferred
· Occasional travel outside of the United States will be required