In this position you will be responsible for all policy transaction processing and technical support functions for the commercial auto underwriting unit.
Position & Responsibilities:
· Triage incoming new commercial auto business submissions to eliminate non-qualifying submissions.
· Conduct clearance process on new business submissions.
· Assign incoming submissions; place orders for inspection reports as assigned by underwriter.
· Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy.
· Develop recommendation letters and monitor policies for recommendation compliance.
· Rate and price money endorsements and cancellations in accordance with policy conditions.
· Ensure cancellations are processed in accordance with state requirements and policy conditions.
· Contact producers to gather all required account information.
· In accordance with the specific Letter of Underwriting Authority delegated to you and executed by you, which applies to new business, in-force business and renewal business, obtain the underwriting data required to evaluate the acceptability of individual risks, determine the terms and conditions that are appropriate, quote, bind, process and manage that business.
· Rate risks through various rating programs to support rate structure proposed by underwriter and provide the underwriter with all of the underwriting data required to evaluate the risk. Complete the coding of all new and renewal risks in accordance with the specifications for the applicable line of business.
· Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
· Attend industry specific seminars and courses; participate in continuing education where required; and participate in wholesaler seminars conducted by the company.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· 3 -5 years experience in an underwriting department of an insurance company. College degree or equivalent experience required
· Strong organizational skills.
· Insurance related coursework beneficial.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
· Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with producers through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence.
· Prior experience working in with rating systems is a plus.
· Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently.
· Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.
· Ability to work both individually and in a team setting.